Born 1978 in Tokyo. Ueda graduated from the Tokyo Univeristy of the Arts, and worked as a designer at The Oriental Land Company. After leaving the company he began to work as an artist under guidance of the neuroscientist Mogi Kenichiro, and became independent in 2017. Ueda is currently working with a variety of different media such as paitings, illustrations, designs, videos while he is actively working on writing columns.
In this exhibition, his new paintings on canvas with motifs linked to myths and tales of mermaids, sirens, Pandora and Magdalene will be showcased.
1978 Born in Tokyo, Japan
2005 Received BFA in Oil Painting, Tokyo University of Arts
2007 Completed Master’s in Graduate School of Artistic Anatomy, Tokyo University of the Arts
- Maria, Rise Gallery, Tokyo
- A Dog of Flanders and Other Stories, CAPSULE, Tokyo
- Wander, AKIO NAGASAWA GALLERY, Tokyo
- Creativity Continues, Rise Gallery, Tokyo
- AOMORI TRIENNALE, Ikegami Takashi + Ueda Takumi, The Aomori Contemporary Art Centre (ACAC)
- “Shibuya Arrow Project,” Tokyo
Atre, Meguro, Tokyo
- A Sandwich Theory about Life, texts by Ikegami Takashi and illustrations by Ueda Takumi, Kodansha
- Takumi Ueda’s Guide to Exhibitions, Odyssey Books