Mizuno Rina creates her artwork in terms of layers.
Her paintings are a mixture of contradictory elements: meticulous ornamentation and broad strokes; extremely vivid colors and monochromaticism; and Western and Eastern approaches. By leaving portions of the hemp canvas exposed, the viewer is left with the vivid distinction between what is drawn or painted and what is not.
On the other hand, the improvisational, vigorous and smooth lines seen in Mizuno’s drawings intertwine with various plant motifs and plants as the subject, flexibly forming relationships with a diversity of objects while changing according to the artist’s will.
This exhibition focuses on the artist’s new oil paintings related to gardens.
- Born in Aichi
- Fine Art Painting, University of Brighton, UK (Exchange program)
- BA, Oil Painting 2 course, Nagoya University of Arts
- MA, Oil Painting Course, Tama Art University
- Unable to See Whole., Mizuma Art Gallery, Tokyo
- Without thinking, stopped, POLA MUSEUM ANNEX, Tokyo
mizu no musubime, Gallery Ohrin (Hitachinokuni Izumotaisha), Ibaraki
- - nested structure -, Roppongi Hills A/D Gallery, Tokyo
- ARKO2017 Rina Mizuno, OHARA MUSEUM, Okayama
- Boundary laine, Dai-ichi Life South Gallery, Tokyo
- Nesting Mirage, taimatz, Tokyo
- Garden in Spread, Marunouchi-building 7F, Tokyo
- Dazzle Painting, taimatz, Tokyo
- Solo exhibition, H.P.FRANCE WINDOW GALLERY MARUNOUCHI, Tokyo
Solo exhibition, taimatz, Tokyo